Tuesday, May 3, 2011

peddling

It is not often that one will find a post relating to 
exercise on this blog ... 
But, yesterday, I found myself on a bike ride.

And not just a gentle one to a nice cafe for lunch, non.
A 30 mile bike ride.
THIRTY. MILES.

Along with three other cast members,
I found myself cycling from Edinburgh, through the stunning countryside, to West Linton.


It was amazing.
A real challenge which I was extremely proud to complete.
A highlight of the day was stopping off for a little glass of something delicious
at the wonderful Linton Books
run by 'Uncle' Derek


  and I even purchased a little collection called

"Hope is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words - 
And never stops - at all - "

(Emily Dickinson)

I have to say I am somewhat sore (aching) today,
but the freedom of peddling along under the sun and through the wind is an experience I will always treasure.

me xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment