Monday, July 12, 2010

BUSTY NEWS

So Saturday was the summer Bust Craftacular.
Pure Harte arrived in on Friday eve and finishing touches were added and ironed and pinned and sewn.

Sandwiches were made.

Despite it being a SCORCHER of a day outside and not much cooler inside, there was a tres long queue of eager shoppers right around the corner! And as the doors burst open there was was quite the flurry of pretty faces and handbags!


As the day rolled on it certainly wasn't as busy as Christmas, 
but what with the sun splitting the trees outside, 
it really was no surprise.

This being only our second market we knew we still had a lot to learn. But everyone was so lovely and friendly. The BUST team sure do generate a great, fun atmosphere. 
We even made a few friends! 

The quite dashing Dan Hillier stopped for a couple of chats and even bought us some ice pops as a cool-down-treat! 
We were all wide eyed and giggles.

I also chatted at length to the gorgeous 
Jamie Chalmers a.k.a Mr X Stitch.
He was so enthusiastic and encouraging about my embroidery hoops. I was so grateful for his comments - 
sometimes you don't know if anything is 'good' any more.
And to my UTTER DELIGHT he bought one of my pieces!
I KNOW!
Chuffed is not the word.
I am so delighted to have made the connection, I know it will be a good productive and inspiring one.

We were sharing a table with the very talented Elaine Eckford who was selling her wonderful illustrated stories. 
Her characters were fantastic, all childlike but with a somewhat uneasy darkness ... 
Her blog is also beautiful, just like her!

A couple of pics of our stall:

My cards, hoops and crockery
and also in the bottom left corner, the very beautiful lace collars from Pure Harte


the beautiful clothing range from Pure Harte



and when Zooey is blowing you a kiss, you know you are in the right place.



I should have a couple more pics to show you soon.

Thank you so much BUST for having us and for all our lovely friends who popped along with cheery faces and bottles of water. We love you.

And now I am aiming to open up my etsy doors by Wednesday night ...

Some work to be done!

me xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment