Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I love Ice Cream

Mathar and I have been sorting out lists upon lists of food and dinners and, my favourite, desserts for the Christmas week. I wanted to share a lovely little treat we made last eve (I am kicking myself for the lack of photos, I do apologise).

Firstly, may I just say : I love ice cream. I mean, I really really love it. This recipe is a little tasty Christmas twist on a personal favourite.

CHRISTMAS PUDDING ICE CREAM
(apparently the alternative to steamed pudding, but I am all for both together!!!)

serves 6-8

2 tablespoons golden syrup
50g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 tablespoon cognac
100g sweet mincemeat
100g mascarpone or cream cheese
100g dried cranberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon (sifted)
2 litres good quality vanilla ice cream

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except the ice cream and mix well until evenly distributed. Add the frozen ice cream straight from the freezer, crushing and folding it into the mixture to create a rippled effect. Refreeze for a minimum of 4 hours.

Easy. Easy. Easy.
De. Lic. Ious.


me xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment