Monday, September 13, 2010

sometimes life offers you something which initially terrifies you, and for that very reason, you must take part

I was very privileged indeed to spend last week at 
The Tyrone Guthrie Centre, Annaghmakerrig, Co. Monaghan, Ireland

Tyrone Guthrie (1900 - 1971) was a celebrated Tony Award-winning theatrical director.
 
 
At his death he left the house in his will to the Irish State for use as a residential workplace for artists,
 
what a gift





my bedroom was the stuff of dreams 
large, ceiling to floor windows, with wooden shutters that folded back to reveal a breathtaking view out over the lake



I was invited to take part in a workshop with two theatre companies, one from Belfast and one from Sarajevo.
 
It truly was amazing. 
Challenging, inspiring and provoking.
I met the most wonderful people.
 
And, as a result, I sort of feel changed.


The long evenings were of delicious food, burning candles, music and voices that I could have listened to for hours





me xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment